The buzz word now a days is misinformation. Misinformation is defined as: N. Wrong information; false account or intelligence received.
Also disinformation is used a in prior times, as it was first recorded in 1965. It was a translation of a Russian word which means deception.
But really they are not new. In Genesis 3:3, Eve said, “But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, ‘ye shall not eat of it, neither shall touch it, lest ye die.” But in the prior chapter, God clearly said in Genesis 2:17, “Thou shall not eat of it. For in that day that thou eatest, therefore thou shalt not die (spiritually).”
In recent years, I believed that Christ died for my sins and He saved me. But at this point, then the misinformation began. I was told I:
- Must join a church. Bible never says to become a church member, yet Acts 2:41; 47, Hebrews 10:25 to justify this. Also, I remember being told to attend every times the doors open.
- Must be baptized in water (Acts 2:38). But Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, in speaking to Gentiles states from he had learned, from revelation off Christ, that “for one Spirit are we all baptized into one body (1 Corinthians 12:13)” and there is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism” (Ephesians 4:5).
- Must pay a tithe plus offering to be blessed. If you don’t, you will be cursed. He comes the familiar verses of Malachi 3:9-10. But we see by direction the Romans 6:14 and Galatians, that we are no longer under it. Today we abide by the spirit of 2 Corinthians 9:7.
- Must go up to the altar and turn it all loose and hold on at the same time. Sometimes, this is justified with Matthew 5:23-24. But we know that Christ died for all sins, once and for all (Romans 5:8).
- We must repeat the sinners prayer, which is not in the Bible. Nonetheless, many will try to justify it with (James 5:16; 1 John 1:7-9).
- Repent of sins for remission, with the justification once again, being Acts 2:38. Salvation is not action, it is belief. We are told to change our mind and attitude with grief towards our behavior (2 Corinthians 7:10). We are to agree with God that we are all sinner (Romans 3:23)!
- We must invite Jesus to be our Lord. We must understand, as Christians Jesus is already Lord of your life and He is Lord of all.
- We must build God’s kingdom here and now on Earth, with this coming from Matthew 6:10. This verse is found in what’s commonly known as “the Lord’s prayer,” but which notice, Jesus never prayed Himself. Our home, along with all the saints in this dispensation, will be the New Heavens (1 Corinthians 15:51-58). For those that don’t pass first, in the glorious rapture of the Body of Christ.
- That we can “lose” our gift of salvation, most commonly citing Hebrews 10:26 as evidence. But we must understand that the moment we were saved, we were sealed (Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 4:30).
- Finally, to receive all that God has to say through the pastor, with Hebrews 13:17 as the reasoning. We do need pastors (Acts 20:28), but most importantly, we must study God’s word and rightly divide It ourselves (2 Timothy 2:15). Like a shepherd, pastors protect and lead the church to the grazing area, but the sheep must put their head and eat the good green grass! Still yet, we are not sheep, but members of the Body of Christ, although the application still works the same!
So study, read, believe, and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)!
Grace and peace!