Series- “Comfort One Another, in Hope”
Sermon- “Pain & Purpose”
Key Verse[s]: 1 Thessalonians 3:1-13
Corresponding Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eweiq8E7hOI&t=2s
- Comfort You (The Holy Spirit)
1 Thessalonians 3:3-4
- We are ___________ hard times
- For the Spirit to be considered The ___________, that means that someone is _____________.
- When we have the Spirit, the Comforter grows us in hard times (Romans 5:1-6).
- Trials of _________ increases perseverance (patience) (James 1:2-4).
- Comfort Others (Your Faith)
1 Thessalonians 3:7
- Christians have something the unbelieving world does not- ___________ (1 Thessalonians 5:8-11)
- Church and world will notice your faith and have two reactions: They will be __________ or they will ________ you for it
- Keep witnessing and verbally speaking the Gospel into their lives.
- Glorify God
1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
- The overarching theme is God’s ________; it always is (Isaiah 43:7)
- God is glorified when you are comforted & established.
- We can not create nor destroy God’s glory, we can only reflect it.
- We are living by God’s ________ unto His glory (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Expect trials of faith
- Their purpose ultimately is to:
- Comfort & Establish you
- Comfort & Establish others
- Glorify God
3 thoughts on “Sermon Note- “Pain & Purpose””
I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Pingback: Sermon Note- “Pain & Purpose” – The Faith Herald