For most, good cooking requires a good recipe. A good recipe delivers an excellent dish.
English chef Mary Berry once noted that she “thinks baking is very rewarding, and if you follow a good recipe, you will get success.”
Although a very simple observation, I find this quote to be very profitable when we understand exactly what a recipe is.
Webster dictionary defines a recipe as, “set of instructions for making something from various ingredients.”
Within the Bible there are many recipes for individuals to follow in order to obtain success.
However, there is none greater success than what comes from following the recipe for salvation.
It has one simple step for three simple ingredients found in the pantry of God’s loving word.
This recipe is not so hard to follow and it brings eternal success.
The recipe is God ordained and does not require any work or experimentation.
It is a perfect gift.
Following this recipe brings some extraordinary flavors and reactions to The New Man.
I am not just referring to some of the common ones that we cite (ex. Going to Heaven); although, they are still brilliant.
My reference is to C.R.I.B.S.
C.R.I.B.S. is an acronym for some reactions that occur in the making of The New Man.
It stands for the following:
- Colossians 2:11~ In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
- Galatians 2:20~ “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Romans 8:11~ “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
- Romans 6:3~ “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?”
- Ephesians 1:13~ “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.”
When God makes The New Man, He sets into motion the ingredients that make the man rise (leavening) and keeps his flavor.
Isn’t our Father a great cook?