Series- “Comfort One Another, in Hope”
Sermon- “Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks”
Key Verse[s]: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Corresponding Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eweiq8E7hOI&t=2s
- Our salvation is to be at the top of the “comfort _____________”
- Comfort toolbox: Inventory of things we can take comfort in
- There is no comfort without ____________
- When reading the book of 1 Thessalonians; the reaction should be to rejoice
- If you are in Christ, ___________
- The best commentary to the Bible is the Bible
- It does not say make a “___________ of prayer”; it says “pray without ceasing”
- “Prayer is to be the accompaniment of our whole life…” ~ Cambridge Bible
- Prayer is not only ___________ the knee, but even more so bowing the heart.
- It’s not elegant words which God adores, it’s humble hearts yearning for Him (Matthew 15:7-8; 18-20)
- Give Thanks
- We should first give thanks, because it is the ____________ of Christ Jesus
- A thankful, prayerful heart has plenty of reason to rejoice evermore because of our salvation.
- When we pray for our ____________, it must be accompanied with thanksgiving.
“The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen” (1 Thessalonians 5:28)
1 thought on “Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks – Sermon Notes”
Pingback: Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks – Sermon Notes – The Faith Herald