Series- “Comfort One Another”
Sermon in Series- “Formula for Encouragement”
Key Verse[s]: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-3
Corresponding Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNl7t8rCAo&t=4s
- 1. Blessing
1 Thessalonians 1:1~ “…grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
a. Paul’s purpose for this letter is to ___________ .
- He does so by teaching God’s _________ (unmerited favor) & __________ (soul assurance) (Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 4:6).
- A blessing is “something conducive to happiness” (Merriam-Webster).
- “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt…”(Colossians 4:6)
- We are _____________ of grace, with God as the source
- 2. Appreciation
1 Thessalonians 1:2~ “We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers.”
- The recipient of this thanks is God
- Our ultimate purpose is to _________ God (Isaiah 43:7)
- -Praise redirects our attention to His Holy character and how He provides
- 3. Affirmation
1 Thessalonians 1:3~ “Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ…”
a. Paul defines the churches good works by: Faith, _________, and patience
- We cannot grow in grace, if we do not grow in the ___________ of Christ.
a. Be vessels of blessing, appreciation, and affirmation
4 thoughts on “Sermon Note-“Formula for Encouragement””
Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it!
Pingback: Sermon Note-“Formula for Encouragement” – Enriching Grace – The Faith Herald